Sailfish OS SDK received an update today and the changes are
* Setting the additional application source folder now actually works. This setting can be used to specify a project location that is outside of your home directory.
SailfishOS SDK IDE:
* Qt Creator updated to version 2.8.1-3
* Qt Creator uses new wizard to create Mer ARM device, device creation is described on https://sailfishos.org/develop-firstapp-article.html in section ‘Create a connection to Mer ARM device’
* Shadow building is supported, you can now safely build applications for both architectures without them clashing.
* Shadow building is on by default for each new project, but can be turned off in project’s settings.
* Latest SDK Application template is integrated so Harbour application requirements can be more easily fulfilled.
* User settings are now stored in a new directory (Linux/OSX: $HOME/.config/SailfishAlpha3, Windows:C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\SailfishAlpha3) so deleting old settings directory is not mandatory.
* Templates are updated with the latest SDK Application template.
* Quite a few Qt5 tutorial applications were ported to Sailfish OS, they can be found from ~/SailfishOS/tutorials and they can be used to study Sailfish OS application behaviour. Each tutorial’s project directory has a README.md file which contains notes from a developer when porting the application from Desktop QML to Sailfish OS. Some of the notes might be outdated.
SDK Maintenance Tool:
* Installer version updated to 1.4.0-2.
* Documentation is updated with latest available versions. Documentation may contain references to Qt 5.0 – please see known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Qt5_Known_Issues.
* Shadow building creates separate build directories outside your project directory named build-PROJECTNAME-KITNAME-[Debug|Release]
* The RPM packages for your project are also created under the shadow build directory
* Build Engine will not treat missing qtc_ macros in spec file as fatal.
* Emulator software is updated to match Jolla Phone release 1.0.1-10 “Laadunjärvi”.
* SSH login password for nemo user can be set with Developer settings in Settings application.
* Package repositories can be refreshed with Developer settings in Settings application.
* Icon sizes are matched to Harbour requirements.
* Both i486 and ARM target builds based on updated Jolla baseline
This update brings the long-awaited Mer ARM device support to Qt Creator and fixes issues with the application template regarding requirements for Harbour submissions. Qt Creator Sailfish kits now also support shadow building, which separates the different architecture builds from each other negating the need to always clean the build directory when switching between ARM and i486 kits.