Tactical thinkers and strategists rejoice! GnuChess has been ported to Sailfish OS, GnuChess is a popular chess game enables the users to play chess against the computer. According to Xerxes2 it was originaly developed for Harmattan. GNU Chess is a free software chess engine which plays a full game of chess against a human being or other computer program. The goal of GNU Chess is to serve as a basis for research. It has been used in numerous research contexts.
1. Download the GnuChess app from OpenRepos
2. Enable the Jolla Developer Mode and allow SSH-connection
3. Connect your Jolla device to your computer, via USB
4. Copy the GnuChess rpm package to the Jolla device
5. Install the package via the command line interface:
$ pkcon install-local gnuchess-6.1.1-1.armv7hl.rpm